Wednesday, April 2, 2014

I am glad you are on fire GL, as it's pretty tepid here when you are gone.

Juno Awards hangover party CBC Music - Free Streaming Radio, Videos, Songs, Concerts & Playlists
blog post Juno Awards hangover physics concepts and connections party
Winners included Elliott BROOD , Classified and David Myles , Monster Truck , Rose Cousins , Metric , and Leonard Cohen among many others. Losers included bahamas , Kathleen physics concepts and connections Edwards , Hannah Georgas , and Danny Michel . Maybe most surprisingly, The Sheepdogs also walked away empty handed in their own province! Outrageous!
Let me know by posting on our blog, tweeting me up @grantlawrence or emailing me grant.lawrence@cbc.ca and listen to the conversation and the music on CBC Radio 3 with Grant Lawrence , 9am PT / noon ET.
other posts
COMMENTS ARE NOW CLOSED FOR THIS POST!
Saw some good Junofest shows though.... highlight of the weekends music was Friday nights 6 Shooter Records thing, Gun somethings and Slingers... something like that anyway. It was a real good night of music.
Was having a smoke with NQ Arbuckle and chatting him up for a while towards the end of the night. He's a funny guy, he was regaling physics concepts and connections me with horror stories from the road.... it sounds like he's had a few, haha!
#10 posted by kathyjean on Apr 22, 2013
#18 posted by westcrunch on Apr 22, 2013
I am glad you are on fire GL, as it's pretty tepid here when you are gone.
performers on Friday physics concepts and connections night (all on one stage) included: physics concepts and connections The Strumbellas, Corb Lund, NQ Arbuckle, Rose Cousins, Belle Star, Danny Michel..... There was a shit tone more who I can't recall at the moment. But it was all good. The crowd was a hilarious mix of big city Juno industry Schnobs, regina style hipsters and a smattering of good ol' boys straight off the farm ready to giv'r. (There physics concepts and connections was a group of dudes who showed up, crushin' Pils and wearing t-shirts (it was cold as fuck). They were awesome, they came to party. Rose Cousins dedicated a song to them, it was pretty funny.
I followed the Junos on Twitter, and was real glad for Elliott Brood and Rose Cousins. physics concepts and connections Most of the weekend I was involved with the Brooklyn Folk Festival , a great annual event here in NYC. I heard a lot of oldtime fiddle and banjo jams, and a great gospel group, Naomi Shelton and the Gospel Queens. Record Store Day for me melded in to the festival, as there was lots of music and some LPs for sale. I'll post a new profile pic later from the folk festival. 
@Grant.  re#37 It would appear so...sorry.
Eric, he was at a table signing, it was $50 for an autograph or a picture -- I am too broke/cheap for either, but I just went up and thanked him for everything and shook his hand. Later on he did a Q&A.
@blog: hey you guys! I found a website which contains delicious snacks you can microwave in a mug . there is a recipe for french toast, physics concepts and connections cinnamon physics concepts and connections rolls, meatloaf, and all sorts of warm cakes. you're welcome.
@ Grant:but I am going to see Rose at the Black Sheep in a few weeks! physics concepts and connections
@grant - Rose told them to pay attention and to sing along, which, they surprisingly physics concepts and connections did! She was like, "Corb will be up in a few minutes, just pay attention and sing these lines....." physics concepts and connections she then did the eagle eyes finger motion towards them.... pretty good.
I watched the Junos, intermittently at least. Really liked Hannah Georgas, as well as Serena Ryder's performance and (a half with Billy Talent). However, earlier in the day, I took in a concert by Grant's bro-in-law at the Blacksheep Inn, so, I had already had my live music fix of the day.
No Junos for me ... since we don't have cable and it is OUTRAGEOUS that CTV doesn't live stream it. but I did watch the CBC Music updates. Besides at 10 it was time to watch Daenerys Stormborn kick some ass on Game of Thrones.
Best I could do was go to two record stores on Friday, saw that The Beat in downtown Sacramento had Mother Mother's Sticks physics concepts and connections in the rack, and then went to see them at Grant' physics concepts and connections old haunt, Bottom of the Hill in San Francisco on Friday night.  Home by 4:30am.  I'm still tired . . .
#58 posted physics concepts and connections by laurita.snow on Apr 22, 2013
@ Jdurley:...so what you're saying is that I should do this when I am home without physics concepts and connections any parents around so I can A) clean up the mess without any judgement and B) enjoy several mugs without any judgement?
@Grant - I'm with Lauren_Elizabeth. Seriously, no live-stream? FOR SHAME CTV!
@Grant - I was there and then watched it later. It is much better in person. I am happy that there seems to be more of the indie artists I love that were involved and nominated. I would like if more of them one, but it was still great fun to be there.
Laura, Matthew Barber & acolytes were SO GOOD yesterday. Don't miss 'em next time, if possible: the guy's performance is so clean in every respect; some of us who've seen him many times were re-impressed as to just how accomplished physics concepts and connections an act he (and a great pedal steel player, and an equally excellent physics concepts and connections bass player) put on.
The Junos are corporate shilling. I real

No comments:

Post a Comment